Saturday, October 2, 2010

Taste of St. Louis: More Fun Than a Barrel of Monkeys

This Friday I went to the free Taste of St. Louis. I've been to a "Taste of" in another city, so I had a fair idea of what to expect. Or, not, as it turns out. Nothing could prepare me for Hank:

Hank's Cheesecakes
As nice of a side bonus as fun guys are, I go to a food event for serious food. And here, it came up aces. $2 Samosa, best I've ever had. $4 cheese tort with carmelized onion and basalmic reduction. $5 scrumptious salad with achingly tending beef.

Beef salad on the upper left, and the chef making mine in the back.
Oh, you noticed the nice table presentation? Pretty snazzy, huh? 
Another pretty table design.
Love the tribute to local foods!
 The location - in the center of the city, with a view of the arch, near the famed City Gardens - make this one a winner. Wonder if I can squeeze in a visit back on Sunday....

-AR

No comments:

Post a Comment